Thursday, March 3, 2016

Elliott James Pehrson

This post is a combination of camera and phone pictures, so there are a lot!! 

Elliott James Pehrson was born just after noon on October 29. He was 10 lbs 1 oz. He was born at 39 weeks, 2 days.  He was my biggest baby by almost a pound. I was expecting a big baby since that's how we roll, but I wasn't expecting him to be quite that big. 

We went in for my induction at three o'clock in the morning. Once I was all checked in, and hooked up to the machines, I fell asleep. I slept until the pitocin started to make the contractions uncomfortable. Around 8, I got my epidural. Then I slept some more. With Zane, I was wide awake with excitement the whole night. With Elliott, I was still very excited but knew that sleep would be more important and make the time pass faster. Once I was ready to push, we found out that once again I had another posterior baby. The doctor called for a nurse practitioner for Elliott, then suctioned him out. I had another 3rd degree tear, and the doctor spent a good 20-30 minutes stitched everything back up. Elliott passed all of his physical markers with flying colors, except the hearing test which he failed twice in the hospital. 
 The next morning, my mom brought the girls to meet Elliott. They loved on him a bit then took a golf cart ride around the hospital parking lot. Later that day, Clay picked up Zane from school and brought him to the hospital. Zane visited with his new brother for a bit, then we packed everything up and headed home. It was my shortest and least eventful stay in the hospital with a baby. 

I was nervous to add a fourth child to our family. I may have cried when I found out I was pregnant with him, but Elliott was absolutely the missing member and now our family is complete! We are all so in love with our mellow, happy, sweet, perfect little boy!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Us Some Sugar!