Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Schnepf Farms Peach Festival

I'm finally feeling well enough to venture out of the house! And the weather here as been unusually beautiful for mid-May. As in we have been enjoying 60-70 degree weather when we would normally be in the 90's-100's by this point. I love it! Last weekend, we headed down to Queen Creek for their annual peach festival and peach pancake breakfast. The last time we made it all the way down there, we only had Zane and he was pretty young. It was fun to take everyone this year. 





I don't know what to do with these crazies. I sure love them. And can you believe they are in sweatshirts in Phoenix in May? I can't either!

We love our yummy peach pancake breakfast, but the line is sure long! We got a ticket to come back an hour later and that made the wait a little shorter. Not short enough for three hungry kiddos though. We should have brought snacks.


After pancakes, seeing animals like chickens, goats, pigs, and peacocks, and all the other fun activities, we headed out on a hay ride to the orchard to pick our own peaches. The ground was muddy from all the rain we received that weekend, but the kids had a blast putting peaches in their own bags.






They had a great time until Sophie decided she needed her own bag, stole Leila's, ripped the handles off, and dumped the peaches on the ground. We had a couple of pretty unhappy campers on our hands until I went and grabbed a couple new bags. One for each girl, for sure! I'm not sure how sharing clothes is going to go when they get a little older!


We were all smiles once again as we took the hayride back to the festival, picked up the stroller, and headed to the car. We have been enjoying our freshly picked, tree-ripened peaches ever since! Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Us Some Sugar!