Let's start off with a little blast from the past, shall we? This was from Zane's two-year-old pictures. Oh how I loved that boy then, and oh how much more I love him now!!!!! And he still makes totally crazy faces of course.
For Zane's 5th birthday, he decided that he wanted to go miniature golfing. We invited our oldest Phoenix friends, the Groneman's to come along with us. I'll be honest, golfing with 6 kids where Zane is the oldest was a little tricky and not one of my more brilliant ideas, but Zane had a blast and that's what matters!
Leila had fun at first but quickly decided that she wanted to be held for most of the time. Also, this girl has very strong opinions on what she wears these days. She always completely dresses herself from head to toe.
Sophie mostly just wandered around in everyone's way.
Zane really does live mini-golfing, so this was the perfect activity for our birthday boy.
Did I mention that Sophie mostly just wandered around and got in the way? Here's the proof.
Zane and Ashlyn are eachother's oldest friends. HERE IS A LINK to a video of Zane when he was 12 weeks old and Ashlyn was 3 weeks old. So cute!!! Anyway, Bri and I were pregnant with these two at the same time. Zane was born first and Ashlyn came along 3 months later.
Then two years later Bri had Madelyn and three months after that, I had Leila.
Then 15 months later, I had Sophie and three months after that, Bri had Landon. Each of my kids is three months apart from his or her Groneman counterpart. We sure love this family and are so happy that they decided to stick around and join a dental practice after graduation from Midwestern!
After Zane's birthday dinner of enchiladas, Zane blew out the candles on his cake. A few days before his birthday, he drew a picture of what he wanted his cake to look like on his easel in his room. It was a tall, round cake with frosting swirls around the sides and cherries in the middle of the frosting swirls. I don't know where he comes up with this stuff. I couldn't find a cake with cherries on the side, but I think it did pretty well at fulfilling his rather specific request. After blowing out his candles, he and the girls chowed down on his cake. All in all, Zane thought it was a pretty awesome day!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave Us Some Sugar!