And you thought I was done with graduation posts!
After the ceremony, we headed out to Bobby Q, the most delicious BBQ restaurant on our side of the valley.
Zane enjoyed some cornbread. Actually, he enjoyed A LOT of cornbread.
We sat outside on the patio and thanks to the misters and the waterfall, it was actually nice and cool. Every single thing we ate from the appetizers to the desserts was amazing. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
I don't know if you have noticed, but this is one of the three shirts that fits me right now. It's in most of the pictures that I am in over the last couple of weeks.
(This is another one of the shirts that fits.)
The day after graduation, we sent all the men and Zane to Dave and Busters to play some games and eat some food. I set up a headband/hair bow/blanket sweat shop at my friend Lindsey's house and set moms and grandma to work making hair baubles and hemming blankets. This is only a small sampling of all the headbands that were made. Lindsey makes the cutest things! We were so lucky to have her as our instructor. Baby sister is set for a while in that department.
Later that evening, I surprised Clay with a cake that I ordered for him. I repeat that I ordered it for him. I did not make it. Cake decorating is not something I am ready to attempt. Especially when I can order something as awesome as a cake with a spilled prescription bottle on it!
Does it look like a "Congrats on Your Stay In Rehab" cake?
It's actually a "Congrats on Your Ability to Legally Distrubute Drugs" cake.
And you can see the little dent in the side of the buttercream where Zane decided to sneak into the kitchen and have a taste.
Mama and Papa and Dad O. left before they could enjoy the cake, but everyone else enjoyed it! Yummy marble cake with raspberry mousse filling. So rich and so good!
Happy Graduation, Dr. Pehrson!
What an awesome cake!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a darling cake! I love it!
ReplyDelete