Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Easter FHE

We have been trying to do a small Family Home Evening the past couple of weeks. It isn't much. We just sing a song, say a prayer, and read one of the stories in the Friend magazine. It takes all of five minutes.
Last week, I came across these pictures in the Friend Magazine about the last week of Jesus' life. We talked very briefly about what was happening in each picture. When we got to the picture of Christ praying in the garden of Gethsemane, I explained that Jesus prayed and felt all of the bad things we had ever done and felt all the times we got hurt. My sweet, sweet boy looked up at me and said, "I love Jesus!" My mama heart was so full, I couldn't get through the rest of the pictures because I couldn't see them through my tears.
This week, I made a copy of the page in the friend (the link at the beginning of the last paragraph). Clay cut the pictures apart, put them into plastic eggs and "hid" them out on our front patch of grass. Zane had a blast looking for the seven eggs.





Then we opened all the eggs and talked about each of the pictures again.


Zane is so excited about Easter and the eggs and jelly beans and bunnies. All of that is so much fun but I am hoping that by spending a couple minutes a week leading up to Easter, he will have some idea of what Easter is really all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Us Some Sugar!