Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween'd Out

As fun as it has been, my two boys are done with Halloween. Our last stop was the Midwestern festival. Clay was still at the clinic for the majority of the time Zane and I were there, so there was less picture-taking going on than usual. That, and the fact that Zane was so done before we even began.

Where's Elmo? This past weekend, I went through Zane's dresser and boxed up all the clothes that are too small for him. I can't believe he is rocking size 3T already. I came across this pilot jumpsuit that belonged to Clay. It was far too adorable (albeit slightly small) to pass up. Some aviator glasses would have been a fun addition, but it was last minute and there is no way he would have kept them on anyway.


Each of the programs does some kind of activity for the festival. One of the programs did a Willy Wonka hallway. It was so fun. There was candy taped to the walls and there was music playing. This picture doesn't even come close to doing the whole thing justice. It was awesome.


We trick-or-treated around the different program offices on campus. Once Zane caught sight of the fountains, however, he didn't want to be anywhere else. Water trumps candy every time. We will keep it that way.


But Dad trumps everything. Clay got off work a little early and met up with us. Zane was so excited to see him.

We left shortly after this since we had dinner plans with friends. I made mummies, blood, and vomit, with jack-o-lanterns for dessert. For those not in the Halloween spirit, that was biscuit-wrapped hot dogs, jello, and guacamole with hollowed out orange-o-lanterns filled with vanilla frozen yogurt. I wish I had remembered to take pictures of the food, but we were having too much fun with Meagan, Jordan, and Baby Milo. Later that night, Clay and I continued our annual tradition of finding the most ridiculous horror movie possible. This year's winner? Goulies. It was as terrible and non-sensical as any of our other annual movies. We both fell asleep about half way through, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have made any sense if we had stayed awake for the whole thing. Does is get any better than that?

1 comment:

Leave Us Some Sugar!