Tuesday, August 2, 2011

PharmicoPhormal Part One

Our story begins in the late afternoon. Our hero and heroine have just left their child with a trusted babysitter. They head out for a formal evening of music, fine dining, and karoke.

The setting: Arrowhead Country Club

This was actually out the back patio of the banquet room. The golf course looked beautiful as the sun was setting.

Windows lined the whole golf-course-facing wall.


Photo op at the entrance to the country club. Aren't we fancy?


And we would like to thank the following:

Clay looked dapper. Did you notice how his tie matched my dress? Thank you, TJ Maxx.


Thank you beauty school girls for my hair and makeup. Thank you to the hairspray that they used. I slept on the hair (bobby pins included) and it looked exactly the same at church the next day. And thank you TJ Maxx for the $188 dress that I picked up on clearance for $29.99. And thank you Spanx for getting me into the first size 4 dress I have fit into since I got married! (I really wanted the dress and it was the only one... I made it work.) Oh, and thank you safety pins for magically transforming my VERY low cut dress into a modest one. And thank you, husband for constantly boosting my self-esteem with your compliments all night. I love you most of all.


Although I am done with the silly "thank you's", I have a serious one for this girl. Thank you, Alicia, for helping me keep my sanity while we put our hubs through school. You are an incredible wife and mother. And you are an awesome friend. You were really my only friend for first few months that we lived here. You didn't mind me stopping by randomly at your house almost every day because I needed someone to play with. At least you didn't let me know if you did mind! :) I am really sad that you are leaving so soon. It is people like you that make me wish this time in our lives could keep going on forever. It's a good thing your in-laws live here... I'll get to see you sometimes!

Now, back to the party. There were a couple of things that you might only find at a party thrown by medical school nerds.

The first is tables named after different types of drugs. Our table was the SSRI, or Anti-Depressants. Delightful. The table next to us was named PDE-5 Inhibitor. For those of you not in the know, that's nerd-speak for erectile dysfunction medication. I'm glad we weren't at that table. I might have needed those SSRI's. Just kidding.


The second is that at the front of the room was a screen. And on that screen was a power point. And on that power point was a detailed schedule of events for the evening. I know, right?



The room was pretty dark and I don't have an external flash yet (Christmas is only a few months away, just so you know) but I took a couple of pictures for friends since the photographer fell through. Cute Kevin and Alicia. Kevin is the class president, so the power point was his doing. I don't think he named the tables though. I'm pretty sure the party planning committee did that.


And here are Nick and Alex. They are pretty awesome too. Alex even made her own dress especially for the evening. She's talented! Nick is one of Clay's besties. They unwind by playing games together on Xbox live at night. I'm pretty sure all of Nick's rotations are local, so they will be sticking around for the next year. We are happy about that.

There was so much packed into the evening (as evidenced by the agenda) that the rest of the party will be in another post. I don't want to overload your senses with too much awesomeness all at once. And the next post will start with mine and Clay's prom photos. Try not to get too excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Us Some Sugar!