Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Phormal

I promised you prom pictures. And when I promise something, I deliver.

Was there a photographer present, forcing us into uncomfortable poses? Nope. This is all my doing. You are so welcome.


In case you are wondering, the letters behind us are: MWU CPG. That is an acronym for MidWestern University, College of Pharmacy-Glendale. I added the capital W in Midwestern. Otherwise, the acronym doesn't make sense.  I should use the word acronym more often. (I'm fairly certain that I shouldn't be typing blog posts this late at night)


And once again, you are so welcome.

Please refer to the previous blog post for the outlined agenda power point of the evening. We have covered pictures. Onto dinner:


Dinner was a delicious Italian buffet. Yum.


The "games" portion of the evening included a raffle. They had given away the prizes in an earlier game, so they decided that the raffle prizes would be the centerpieces. Clay is not very lucky in situations like this, even when there aren't very many people. Of course, he wins this particular raffle. I love my new anti-depressant centerpiece.


Karoke commenced with Young singing Bohemian Rhapsody. We used to share a common wall and wireless internet with Young. Then we moved to our new apartment. I wish that I had known he was such a good singer. We might not have moved. On a sidenote, Young used to have short hair. He hasn't cut it since pharmacy school started. That's a fun fact, right?

Then, Hugh kicked it old school with some 98 degrees.


But the highlight of the evening was absolutely Dr. Weissig. He is German and has a heavy accent. And we are fairly sure that he wasn't entirely sober (no one was sober, except our table of LDS friends). His rendition of Satisfaction was hilarious. I wouldn't really call it singing. It was more like stocato yelling. It was awesome.


There wasn't any dancing, but we still enjoyed the enertainment. I bet Clay and Nick wished they were playing Gears of War instead.


It was so nice to be out and about with friends who were willing to take pictures!


I forgot to add Paul to the other karoke singers earlier. Paul is one of Clay's good friends as well. He is engaged to Angie, their beautiful classmate. They are getting married next November. Paul got Clay to do something that I never expected him to ever do.


Clay sang karoke. Not only did he sing karoke, he sang "Love Shack". Wowza.


It was such a fun night. I thought it was funny that people kept giving speeches about how the last three years have been so awesome. I think the alcohol may have made them forget that they are only just starting their third year of school. In two weeks, they will be completely done with classwork and will spend the next three quarters out on rotations, so most of them wont see eachother until graduation next June. It's bittersweet. We have made some awesome friends and will be sad to see them go, but we are excited to keep moving forward onto the next step in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Us Some Sugar!