Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Return of the Cheezer Face

Last Saturday, we attended the funeral of a man in our ward. It was a very quick, unexpected passing. His funeral was held on what would have been his 59th birthday. The service was wonderful.  I love being reminded of the eternal and forever nature of families! I didn't really know him, but his wife is in my Relief Society presidency and is a delightful woman, and I wanted to go support her.

One of the things that was mentioned at the funeral was how delicious his spaghetti and meatballs were. That got me thinking about how I wanted some spaghetti and meatballs.  So I made some and invited the Seguritans over for dinner Sunday afternoon. They were sitting next to us at the funeral. Katie even wondered aloud how many people were having the same meal that weekend.

The Seguritans brought over some fun games for us to play. It will be fun when we have kids who are old enough to play games on a Sunday afternoon.


Zane wandered around like this. He was running a fever of about 101 that afternoon, so we were trying to keep him cool.  He loves to observe older kids at play. Later that night, he spiked at 104. All is well in Zaneland now.

Monday morning brought lots and lots of laundry and far more smiles than the day before. The Cheezer Face has made a comeback. It is so difficult to get a normal picture of him when he is in a Cheezer mood.


Cheezer.

So the morning after being sick, Zane was all smiles until...


he realized just how much laundry there was to do.


He was so overwhelmed that he needed to take a little break with a refreshing beverage.


Then he looked at the pile of laundry again and decided that hiding from it was a better way to go. Out of sight, out of mind. That's my boy.


On Tuesday, I pumped up my fitness ball. I thought that with Zane's affinity for things that bounce, he would especially enjoy a really big one. Turns out he is slightly afraid of it.

Unless Dad is playing on it with him. Then he becomes a Cheezer.


He was giving Clay the sweetest loves and kisses but as soon as I would put my camera up to my face, he would look at me and give me one of his finest Cheezers.


There we go. I finally captured it. I love how much they love eachother.

2 comments:

  1. The last picture brings back such fond memories! Do you remember Clay!?! :) I love you three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is probably my favorite post thus far. Such cool pics and I LOVE the cheezer face!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Us Some Sugar!