As I was perusing the creative blogs that I like to look at, I found the CUTEST Easter decoration idea. I have been a total slacker at decorating for holidays. I always have such big ideas and such great intentions, but they don't always make it to fruition. More often than not, they don't.
That is not my mantle. And that is not my house. That mantle belongs to Modern Parents, Messy Kids. What a cool project, right?
My "mantle" is my TV nook that looks way to big for the television that we own. I really should find something cool to help it not look so empty.
I realized that the only way I would actually do this project would be to invite some friends over to make it with me. Otherwise, I would end up with a huge pile of paint chips sitting in one of my many craft boxes. We did a playdate where we planted Easter grass and wildflowers, then did our Easter Egg Garlands! I'm so happy I finally have some kind of decoration!
I'm thinking that I'd like to add a nice framed printable, like this one from Tattered and Inked. I like the one in yellow.
I love the simplicity and the meaning. That is truly what Easter is about.



Love how it turned out! I made one too:
ReplyDeleteHow Sweeter It Is
Such a fun, easy, quick & cheap (free!) project.
Love your garland!! So festive and easy. I'm so glad you liked my printable- can't wait to see it up :) (ps...your pictures of your little man on your sidebar are ADORABLE...just had to tell you!)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you tried my project. It's so festive, you did a great job. Just added you to my pinterest page of readers who've tried my ideas. Check it out here:
ReplyDeletehttp://pinterest.com/modrentmessykid/reader-s-mpmk-projects/
Cheers!