Today was Zane's friend Ashlyn's first birthday. To celebrate, I wanted to make her and her mommy and daddy a couple of cupcakes.
What kind of cupcakes, you ask? Why, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes, of course! {This Recipe}
I saw these cupcakes a few days ago on a blog entirely devoted to searching the web and finding cool cupcakes. I haven't been able to stop thinking about them.
So, this morning, I texted my friend Michelle. I told her I wanted to make cupcakes. She asked if she could bring anything. I said no. Then realized that even after a shopping trip specifically for these cupcakes, I was still missing some ingredients.
She is an enormous life saver. She brought over all of my missing ingredients and even ran to the store in the middle of the cupcake-making to pick up the things we ran out of. She's awesome!
I told Michelle to bring a container so she could take half of the cupcakes home with her. She didn't bring a big enough container. The original recipe said that it would make 24 cupcakes. We doubled it so we would each have a nice batch to share with some lucky people. Last time I checked, 24 x 2= 48. Somehow we ended up with closer to sixty. And Michelle only took home twelve.
How delicious do these look? Oh My.
I still haven't tried one yet. Well, to be fair, I have tried the cake, cookie dough filling, and frosting separately. I just haven't had a whole cupcake yet. I'm excited. To say the least. And a little nervous. In case they don't taste as good as they look.
Too bad I already brought Ashlyn her cupcakes with a Birthday note attached. And that we already sent the others off to other friend's houses with this "sweet" note attached.
I hope they are as good as they look!




TY I am drooling now!!! :)
ReplyDeleteHeather, these cupcakes tasted amazing! I've never had a cookie dough cupcake and I must say I'm fan! Not only am I a fan, but Aslyn's a fan as well as the other 5 people that were here to try them. Thanks so much for this wonderful gift! You are amazing! (And thanks to Michelle too!!)
ReplyDeleteHi There, I saw a comment you left over on TomKatStudios blog about attending Creative Estates Conference this weekend. I am not sure if your still looking for a ticket but I have one and I am unable to attend. I would hate for it to go to waste so I am hoping someone can pick it up! I am willing to part with it for 75.00!
ReplyDeleteIf you are interested please let me know
Thanks!
Brianna Kim
bkakuta@hotmail.com
http://mrsbkim.blogspot.com/
OH my, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes!!! These look DELICIOUS!!!
ReplyDeletePS. your son is adorable.