This round of Linky Party over at Tracy's was for nighttime and candle photos. I thought it would be really fun to get to play with my shutter speed since I haven't played around with slowing it down too much. Since I work Monday and Tuesday nights, I didn't make it out to do nighttime pictures before the linking up ended. I really wanted to participate so I took some candle pictures today during Zane's nap. After (finally) cleaning my master bathroom, I closed the door, lit a candle, and snapped away!
One of the things I was excited to try was to go outside and take pictures of car headlights with a slow shutter speed. I would have had to walk a bit alone at night to get to a busy enough street to try to make it work. Although we live in a safe neighborhood, that just didn't fly with Clay or me.
I tried to recreate this with my candle. I set the shutter speed to three seconds, clicked, and dragged the box that my candle was sitting on. Not too shabby, right? Well, maybe but we make do with what we can.
This was the "before". The bathroom mirror added that extra something special. Well, the mirror was probably just happy that it had been washed for the first time in months!
Go check out the other entries HERE. Since I won the last Linky Party, I get to judge this week's competition. I'm so excited!!!!



Thanks for linking up and judging. I like your candle pics. The mirror was a great idea.
ReplyDelete