Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Day

Wowza, we have had a lot of Easter themed things going on this year. This should be the last of the Easter posts.

We began Easter morning by watching "Testaments of One Fold and One Shepherd". What an amazing movie. Zane watched a good portion of it, especially every time Jesus came on. He would point at the TV and squeal, "Jesus!" Cute kid.

After the movie, we headed to the airport to pick up Doug and Steph. They had a great week playing with Talmage. They are lucky that they have such stinkin' cute grandbabies.

Dinner was fun and delicious. Steph made her Yummy Potatoes, which Clay is still grateful for as he savors the leftovers. I also made Pioneer Woman's BBQ Chicken.  Go make it.  It is crazy delicious. Yummmmmm.

I have been watching Pantry Raid on Netflix the last couple of weeks. I love that Chef Michael has people find things around their house to put together a quick, cute table. I took a cue from the show and found an old scrap of fabric, some random grass that we inherited from the condos we used to manage, pulled the tops off of some fake flowers, and topped everything off with a couple of Zane's Easter eggs. It took less than five minutes and it was so festive.




Steph and I put together this pretty pie (recipe HERE). Oh, sweet, beautiful deliciousness. I almost didn't want to cut into it. But then I did. And it tasted as good as it looked. Or don't take my word for it and go make your own.


After our bellies were full, I sent Grandma and Grandad out to our grassy knoll to scatter Easter eggs for the little Mister. Doug did a good job of looking intimidating and keeping the other kids away from Zane's eggs.


After so many egg hunts, Zane knew the drill. By the way, I didn't buy any eggs this year. I just reused the eggs Zane won at the Hop-A-Palooza.



The Easter Bunny put peanut M&Ms in the eggs. Why would I give such candy to a 14-month-old? I didn't. Steph gave us a bag of green and red Christmas ones the last time she was here. I didn't feel like buying candy to put in the eggs, and all Zane cared about was picking up an egg, shaking it, and putting it in his bucket. I'm sure the Easter Bunny will need to step it up next year when Zane is a little more aware of what is going on, but it worked well enough this year.



After Eastering, we enjoyed the gorgeous 80 degree weather.



And Zane cheezed for the camera.



And I'm soooo glad that Steph taught Zane about his pockets. When I did laundry yesterday, I found two acorns in the washer and five in the dryer.


And now we have come to the end of this year's Eastering. I am thankful for such a wonderful family. And I am especially grateful for the atonement of my Savior, Jesus Christ. The beautiful spring weather was a nice reminder of new life and how Christ was risen.

1 comment:

Leave Us Some Sugar!