Monday, March 28, 2011

14 Months

Each time the 27th rolls around, I look down at my baby and wonder how he got so big. This month is no exception. I am staying on high alert for the person who snuck into my house and replaced my baby with this toddler. Last night, Blogger wasn't working for me and wouldn't let me upload pictures, so I started looking through old posts, starting from my first post. I got through last April before Clay wanted to do something else. Zane has changed so much, but then I find a picture or video where he still makes exactly the same faces and expressions. Somehow, he is still the same boy.



At fourteen months, Zane is still growing and there is nothing I can do to stop him. At the park last week, someone asked me if he was two. Nope. I've been asked at church why we don't let him go to nursery. Ummm, he still has four months before he is allowed to go. He has popped out two of the teeth he was working on, giving him a total of ten. He still has two swollen spots so he will have some more soon. At least we have a break from The Cranky for a little bit.


Zane is still happiest when he is outside. Whether it is in his stroller, playing in the grass, or digging in sand, you can bet he is thrilled.


"Ball" is probably Zane's favorite word. It's not a new one, but it is definately the one he uses most often. He tries to repeat most of the words we say to him. They aren't usually intelligable, but he tries. When he wants to hold a conversation, he lets out a string of, "giggle-giggle-giggle-giggle-giggle". His babbling is starting to have more expression. Even though it doesn't make sense, you can tell when he is asking a question, telling you something, or chewing you out. We were on a playground and he didn't like where he was. He wanted me to come get him, but I wanted him to come to me. I sat and waited for him. He kept looking at me and giving me some angry words. He wasn't yelling. You could tell, however, that he wasn't pleased with me and let let me know it.  Other parents in the vicinity were laughing as he let me know his feelings about the situation.


There is a reason that ball is Zane's favorite word. It is also his favorite toy. He has been trying to throw, but up until the past couple days has only succeded in dropping it. He is learning how to throw and make it go somewhere. It doesn't always go in the direction that he intends, but I'm sure he'll be an MLB pitcher any day now. He is also pretty good at kicking a ball as long as the ball is right in front of him. He is trying so hard to run. He hasn't quite mastered that. He ends up getting tangled up in himself and falling over. He always laughs about it.


How can one little kid be so stinkin' cute?

3 comments:

  1. Heather, he is adorable!! I can't believe he is getting so big. You are such a cute Mom and I can tell he makes you super happy. I love to look at your blog and get a little update on your life. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is growing up too fast!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather :) Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment! I am excited to learn more about you and your beautiful family--you lil man is ADORABLE! My husband and I both have baby fever and thinking we are ready..well, almost ;) If we keep seeing handsome babies like yours, well we might just go for it! Have a wonderful week and thanks again for visiting :)

    Katie@Little Things Bring Smiles

    ReplyDelete

Leave Us Some Sugar!