Saturday, August 21, 2010

Zane's First Birthday Party

No, not his own first birthday party (he is only 6 1/2 months old for heaven's sakes!) but the first birthday party he was invited to. His little friend, Kole, from Mommy & Me yoga turned one this past week and it was nothing short of an event! There are quite a lot of pictures, so hold on for the ride.

When we got to the house, there were about 40 different buckets lined up along the edges of the pool. Each bucket had a stuffed shark, a shovel, and a monogrammed beach towel. Yes, monogrammed. The green bucket in the middle of this next picture had Zane's towel in it. Kole's mom, Erika, bought an embroidery machine specifically to monogram these towels for the party! How amazing is she?

Before getting in the pool, Zane just sat in Clay's lap and smiled at the kids splashing. He REALLY loves to play in the water. It wasn't long before he was trying to crawl out of Clay's arms toward the pool.

Kole's mom also had numerous blow-up toys for the kids to play with. This little floatie had a palm tree attached to it for shade.

While Clay and I had a nice delicious dinner of BBQ chicken and ribs, Zane played happily on his new towel with his new trowel. Oh yes... a rhyme.

Then the cupcakes came out. Tracy, my prenatal yoga teacher, and good friend was holding Zane and he couldn't stop staring at and trying to grab her cupcake. Clay finally teased Zane with his.


Zane quickly learned the game and caught hold of Clay's hand. He pulled it closer and closer to his face. Can you see how mesmorized he is by the cupcake?

He was determined to get that cupcake! He did end up with a little frosting, thanks to Clay and Tracy both. Spoiled little boy!

While everyone was at the Phoenix Zoo (be patient, those pictures are here too!), Zane and Clay played a little more in the pool. Don't you worry about safety though, those feet up at the top of the picture belong to the lifeguard that was hired to watch the pool.

I love my two guys!

Remember that I mentioned the Phoenix Zoo? What 1-year-old's birthday party is complete without the zoo coming to you? It was fun to see the animals that she brought. Zane didn't last through the whole presentation. He was hungry and tired, so we took him back outside to feed him and play in the pool a little more (the pictures just got a little out of order).



The next few pictures are of the decor and are mostly because I thought everything was so cute and I got some good ideas that I wanted to remember!

There were two palm trees made out of pineapples, and the cake was gorgeous!



Erika also took the time to carve several watermelons. These are only two of the many amazing ones she did. Did I mention that she used a dental scalpel to create these? She and her husbands are both dentists and run their own practice here in Phoenix.

What an awesome party! Zane had so much fun that he fell asleep in the car on the way home, and we all know that he doesn't fall asleep easily in the car!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! What a fun birthday party and what a creative friend you have. I love the pineapple trees - I'm going to have to remember that. What did she use for sand on the cake - turbinado sugar or something like that? love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friends are too creative!!! I loved it. Zane is so freakin cute. I love the picture of him in his blue shirt. Great pics. . . once again jealous of your camera and photography abilities!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Us Some Sugar!