Please excuse the gym mirror post-exercise picture. I don't have the time or inclination to take a real picture. Plus, I'm not in real clothes most of the time. And it's too hot to go outside and take a nice one. This poor baby has gotten the short end of the stick as far as documenting my pregnancy with her.
How
far along?: 37
weeks
Maternity clothes?: Still sometimes. I still wear a lot of maxi skirts and downeast shirts. Or gym clothes.
Sleep: Still the best pregnancy sleep-wise. I maybe get up once a night. It is getting hard to turn over. And once I end up on my back, it's hard to get back onto my side. I feel like a beached whale.
Maternity clothes?: Still sometimes. I still wear a lot of maxi skirts and downeast shirts. Or gym clothes.
Sleep: Still the best pregnancy sleep-wise. I maybe get up once a night. It is getting hard to turn over. And once I end up on my back, it's hard to get back onto my side. I feel like a beached whale.
Best moment of the week: I'm anticipating that the best moment of the week will be tomorrow at my baby shower. I'm so excited!
Movement: Lots and lots.
Food
Cravings: Nothing in particular. I have no room left so I cant fit much food in at once.
Gender: Girly girl
Belly Button: Decidedly Out.
What I miss: Turning over in bed without feeling like I need a crane to help me over.
What I am looking forward to: Going into labor. Hopefully I'm able to do it on my own rather than being induced. Hopefully this girl isn't as big as the other two. I'm also at the point where people are asking how much longer I have rather than when I am due or how far along I am. I just really have no room in my body for such big babies and I am so ready to not hear "you look so ready" or "you look like you are about to pop" or "are you sure it's not twins?" I'm positive that there's only one in there.
Doctor's Appointment: I've gained 29 pounds so far. Hopefully that's it. Hopefully she comes within the next week. Lots of hopefully's. I'm starting to retain water. At least the swelling has held off a little longer than it did with Leila and it's not nearly as bad, but my calves and feet are starting to get tight and everything my skin touches leaves an imprint that last a pretty long time.
I opted for a pelvic check today at my appointment and I'm only about 1.5 cm so far. I'm measuring big again but my doctor won't tell me how much. He did tell me that if I wanted a smaller baby this time around, I should have found a different baby-daddy. Nice.
The baby hasn't engaged yet so we can't tell if this little one is going to be sunny-side up. He confirmed once again that she most likely will end up that way due to the shape of my hips. That's going to be another fun delivery. I'm really hoping that this baby comes early because I will probably end up with a c-section if she ends up as big as her brother and sister on top of most likely being posterior. Oh dear. Time to start bouncing on the exercise ball. And other fun things to try to get labor started. Also, I'm officially pre-registered at the hospital. Yay for that.
A little note about my last bump post that I got lots of comments about:
We still go to the gym 5-6 days per week. There are a few reasons why we go so often. I'm trying to keep this baby smaller, I'm trying to keep the weight gain to a minimum, I'm hoping for an easier deliver and recovery, I'm trying to keep my circulation going so that I don't retain as much water, and I'm trying to stave off the exhaustion that comes from being so pregnant plus chasing after two other children. But I have to be completely honest. The real and main reason that we go to the gym so often for 1-2 hours at a time is the fact that it means that I get to drop Zane and Leila off at the kids club and get a little chill time. Even if that chill time is spent lifting weights or on the elliptical, I love that time. And the kids LOVE the kids club. Both of them get excited, walk right through the gate, and don't look back when I drop them off. When I pick them up, they are all smiles, showing off their pictures and paper airplanes and Leila waves and blows the teachers kisses as we leave. It's a great break for me and the kids have the best time. Win-win.

You look fabulous Heather! I am impressed that you are working out so much, and that's awesome that your kids enjoy that time as well :) Excited to see pics of your baby girl!!!
ReplyDeleteThere is no better motivator for a busy mom than some alone time. That is definitely what has got me to the gym on most days... I love Milo but I love a good break from him too! :) Glad your kiddos have fun at Kids Club total win-win .... and you look great! Hope she comes soon!
ReplyDeleteYou look like you're ALL baby. Seriously, you look so thin everywhere else. You are darling!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry, but the comment the Dr. said about how you should have chosen a different baby daddy made me laugh. You do look great. I honestly have to say when I see cute prego ladies like you I am so glad I don't have to go through that misery again. We are excited to see pictures! Praying all goes well for you.
ReplyDelete