Let's talk about some cheeks! And those chins!
Leila continues to do what babies to best. She eats, sleeps, cries, and poops.
A little about each:
Eating: Leila is still nursing well. Still a big deal for me.
Sleeping: We have another good sleeper on our hands. She is on a 2.5-3 hour feeding/sleeping routine. She eats, hangs out for a little bit, then sleeps for about 2 hours. Then she repeats the cycle. Except at night. She gets swaddled, goes down to bed around 10 and sleeps until 6:00 or 6:30 when she wakes up to eat and goes right back to sleep for another three hours. Some nights she will only do a 6 hour stretch of sleeping, but she still goes right back down after eating. It is so nice.
Crying: Leila doesn't cry often, but it is the sweetest little cry when she does. She was a little fussy right at the beginning, but completely cutting out dairy helped with that. I put her down for naps when she is still awake and she generally fusses for five minutes or less before falling asleep.
Pooping: She was having issues with frequency (too much) and consistency, so the pediatrician told me to quit all dairy to see if that helped. It did, so now I am of diary for a while. I didn't realize just how many things contained dairy until I had to start looking for it under the allergens list on nutrition labels. I'd love to have a nice thick milk chocolate chip cookie with a big glass of milk right now.
Little Leila fits perfectly into our little family. She's such an easy baby so far with super squishy cheeks and very kissable lips. Her little gassy smiles melt my heart and I can't wait until she cracks her first real smile.
Happy One Month to You, Baby Sister!



She is beautiful!! And yes, what a fantastic sleeper. :)
ReplyDelete