Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Wee Bit of Earth

In just a few months, there will be a temple built on this wee bit of earth. We know that we are lucky to have a current temple about an hour away from us. I also know that we have stumbled upon even greater fortune since we will soon have a temple less than fifteen minutes from our house. We are so excited!  When Ashley was here, we took a Sunday afternoon drive to the temple site to go check it out.

The new temple shares a lot with an existing chapel.  The temple is going to be on the mound of dirt in the foreground. The big hill of dirt in the background is actually across the street and has walking and hiking trails on it. There is a giant artistic rendering of what the new temple is going to look like in the foyer of our stake center right now, and it is going to be stunning!


While I was busy finding an open spot in the fence to take pictures, Zane, Clay, and Ashley played in the dirt. Zane is starting to get pretty stir crazy from being inside so much. He is happiest when he is playing with rocks and dirt.


Ashley was a trooper, braving the heat.


I wanted a family picture in the temple dirt, but since everything was all walled off, I had to settle for a picture in front of the tarp-covered fence. 


Zane's favorite part of the outing was finding the biggest rocks possible and throwing them. He especially loved it when they turned out to be dirt clots instead. According to Clay, exploding rocks are the best kind.


What can I say, we just try to keep our son on the straight and narrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Us Some Sugar!