Sunday, August 28, 2011

19 Months

We were flying home from California on Zane's actual 19 month mark, so I fixed up some pictures that I took of Zaner in between setting up shots for the family Christmas card. Lest you think that this year's card is going to be a little risque with a naked baby on it, Zane wasn't in these particular pictures. He was just running around the backyard in a diaper playing in the dirt while I was taking pictures of my siblings.

For some reason, blogger keeps turning the "real" 19-month picture sideways, so it isn't in this post. It is on Facebook or the side of the blog, though. These other pictures of him playing in the giant dirt pot were too cute.

This month, Zane has started counting.  One day, he began pointing to his toes and saying, "Two, Three, Two, Three". He likes to count along while we count things. I think that he has learned this from watching Sesame Street. That's a smart show. 

Zane's vocabulary seemed to grow exponentially while we were in California. He is using longer phrases, and will ask, "What's that?" when he is not sure what the word is for something. When we ask him to say something, he does his best to repeat it. He tries hard, but sometimes the words come out funny. Our friend Jessica's name is "caca". Good thing spanish isn't our primary language.

Colors are coming along. Yellow, blue, and purple are pretty consistent. He needs reminders for the other colors.


Zane knows the sounds for all the letters now, and has surprised me by actually labeling some letters in the last couple of days. If he sees an S, he will tell me it is an S. Then if I ask him what is says, he will give me the sound. He can do that for the letter B (lowercase and uppercase which surprised me too, since I have only taught him the lowercase so far) and a couple other letters. He is pretty amazing.

Zane has figured out when he has wet his diaper. After he goes pee, he grabs his diaper and yells, "Poo Poo!" It is so charming. Now we just need to work on labeling the correct functions (right now everything is poo poo), and having him tell me beforehand and not after he is already done!


Starting next weekend, aunts and uncles and cousins will be coming to visit us in Phoenix. We are super excited to get the babies together. I can't wait to see them! And Zane is super excited too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Us Some Sugar!