Friday, July 29, 2011

18 Months

How come it seems like I am posting these every month? Oh wait. I am.

Zane is 18 months old and is a nursery pro. Thank all that is good and wonderful for the nursery leaders in our ward who happily welcomed him a month early. The last two hours of church has become so peaceful all of a sudden. And Zane LOVES it in there. Last week, when Zane got a nasty case of pink eye and couldn't go to nursery, I was subbing for the primary music leader so Clay wandered around the halls with Zane. Clay said that Zane kept stopping by the doors to the nursery and trying to figure out why he wasn't allowed to go in. Thank goodness the antibiotics are working their magic and he will be back in business this week.

Zane has all of a sudden become interested in babies. In the past, he couldn't have shown less interest in kids that are smaller than him. We met some new friends at our pool who are about to start the podiatry program at Midwestern. They have a cute 7-month-old son named Will. We went to dinner and a movie at their house and the movie theater here at the complex last week and Zane couldn't get enough of Will.  He kept giving him loves and kisses and kept petting his head. Hopefully one of these days, Zane will get his own little person to play with.

Zane is finally starting to pick up on colors. He can usually identify blue. Some of the time he can get red, yellow, and purple. He still loves letters. He loves to sing the letter sounds song, and likes to identify letters wherever we go. He likes to do things that make him feel grown up. Yesterday, he helped me sort laundry. He would pick out a piece of clothing and wait for me to tell him which pile it went in. He gets so proud of himself. We also got a potty chair for him to sit on. We are not close to potty training, by any means, but once or twice a day he will sit on the chair while we sing a couple of songs. He has yet to do anything but sit on it. He does enjoy sitting there.

Zane's personality comes out more and more every day. He has a great sense of humor. He is also developing a little bit of a stubborn streak. He has become familiar with his "sit down" spot. If he is doing something that he knows he isn't supposed to do, or he has a hard time calming himself down from a tantrum, we can tell him to "go sit down" and point to his time-out spot and he will plop himself down. He is getting really good at not getting up until he is calm and we tell him that he can get up. Hopefully the tantrums are short-lived, but he isn't even "terrible two" yet, so I know that we still have a while to go. Oh, and Clay thinks it is really funny when Zane goes to "sit down". He has to turn away from Zane so he can't see him laughing. I think I should send Clay to time-out sometimes. :)

On to the goods!

Oh, cuteness. How I love you!


Sometimes I get overwhelmed with how much I love him and I start to smother him with loves and kisses. He loves it.

He doesn't actually have an underbite. This is his "cheese" smile. I think it is adorable.

18-month stats:
Height: 34.5" 97th percentile
Weight: 29.14 pounds, 90th percentile
Head: 19.5" 97th percentile

1 comment:

  1. Heather, you are a great mommy! And yes, I think it is time for number 2. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave Us Some Sugar!