Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Fort Pehrson

What do you do when you want to dry a recently washed comforter?

Build a fort, of course.

What began as a blanket laying across three chairs quickly became:

An Animal Cave

Zane crawled around for a while with his best stuffed animals. He even growled a bit to make it more authentic.


A Good Place to Hide

He didn't think I could see him when he was under there. He came out a couple times to check and make sure I was still around.


A Place to Smile

But when does this kid not smile?


A Place to Read

When Zane started to grow weary of just playing with his animals, I threw some books into the fort. He leaned up against a pillow and started reading.


A Place to Rest

I rearranged the fort to open toward the TV when I wanted to go shower. He was content to watch his Samarai Pie episode of Backyardigans from the comfort of his fort.

The blanket was dry and ready to fold as soon as the episode was over. And I was showered and ready for the day.

It never crossed my mind that Zane would be old enough to care about having a fort in the house. I was so wrong! I see much fort-building in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Us Some Sugar!