Well, that train left the station about 17 months ago.
Let me tell you about my friend Amanda. She was the first person I met when I moved to Arizona. She was my first visiting teacher out here. She has four kids, and wasn't expecting to have any more so she gave me a whole bunch of her little boy things before Zane was born. Then she got pregnant unexpectedly and had a cute little girl named Ruby. Yay! Her oldest daughter, Ally, was the very first non-family-member babysitter we ever used a little over a year ago. Ally brought Zane a couple of dummy phones from a cell phone kiosk when she came to watch him on my birthday last week. How could you not love a babysitter who does that?
Anyway, on Saturday my friend Amanda moved a few hours away to a small town in the north. They moved to a smaller house so they decided to get rid of some of their toys. I got a text from Amanda last week asking if I wanted a set of Geo Trax. I had never heard of Geo Trax, but being the good friend that I am, I willingly accepted more free things from my friend Amanda.
Let's just say that my boys are glad that I did.
Clay said that it made him excited for the "big boy toys" that Zane is growing into. Clay had a good time setting up the track.
And then wouldn't let go of the train controller even after he was finished.
Finally, he taught Zane how to use it.
Have you ever seen a dad happier to be playing with his son?
Of course that didn't last long. Zane figured out his own unique way to play with the Geo Trax which included trying to climb up the miniature stairs, sitting on the train platform, and trying to use the tracks as a balance beam.
I think we have a while before Zane gets the "big boy toys" that Clay is so excited about.
Yea!!! I'm glad the boys will put them to good use! Enjoy!
ReplyDelete