Happy 17 Months, Mr. Zane!
Biggest milestone so far? Nursery! Although he officially has a month left before he is supposed to join, Zane and I went to nursery this past Sunday. It was wonderful. I plan to go with him for the next couple of weeks, although the amazing and wonderful nursery leaders said that I am welcome to sneak out anytime I want to. Delightful.
Other things that are going on in the life of Zane:
He is going through a super clingy phase. He is better at leaving Clay but he freaks out when I leave, or if someones else tries to hold him when I am in view. Silly boy.
He loves to "exercise. Clay and I are on phase two of a round of p90x (meaning that we just started week 5). Zane usually wakes up anywhere from the beginning to halfway through the workouts in the morning. Even if Clay and I are not using mats for a particular workout, Zane crawls under the couch, pulls out a mat, unrolls it, and starts doing an intepretive version of whatever exercise Clay and I are doing. If we are doing abs, he sits on his mat and rocks back and forth. If we are doing anything with arms or shoulders, he waves his arms in the air like a madman. If we are doing Kenpo, he kicks like a ninja. It's really funny to watch.
He is obsessed with letters. He can consistently tell you the sounds of 18 letters. At first it was just with the letter magnets. Now he finds letters wherever we are and yells out the sound until you acknowledge him. His favorite letter is M. So when he sees a sign for McDonalds, he will yell out 'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" until you say, "Yes, you found the letter M! Good job." He is interested in looking at the words in books and picking out the letters he knows. He likes it when we point to the words as we read them, rather than pointing to the pictures.
In other news, he still doesn't know any of his colors.
I realized today that I hadn't taken any pictures yet for his 17-month post. And he was 17 months yesterday. So I brought my camera with me to work today. On Tuesdays, Clay meets me at the yoga studio, which is right across the street from Midwestern, and picks Zane up from there. Zane and I got to the studio a little early today to go and take some pictures. It is close to 110 degrees today, so we headed straight for the shade. Lucky for us there was a fountain there too.
What a cute boy. We love you, Mr. Moo!
WOw! What a smarty pants. What do you do as a teacher to get them to learn their letters and letter sounds? Flash cards, repeat over and over again? Talmage is not interested in letters, only pictures.
ReplyDelete