We headed out to power hour at Oasis Gymnastics yesterday. They host an hour-long open gym every day where kids who are at least crawling can come play on all of their gymnastics equipment. We went for the first time a month or so ago and Zane was super clingy and didn't really want to play on anything. This time he had a blast!
He loved running down the trampoline tumble track and trying to jump off the end. He still can't run on the ground (not that he doesn't try) but the track was just springy enough that he was able to get up some momentum.
Our little climber has been climbing on couches, recliners, tables, dining room chairs, and boxes at home. It was so nice to go somewhere where he was encouraged to climb on everything.
Zane had fun playing with Ashlyn. I can't believe that she is almost one already!
Zane usually ran down the tumble track. Every once in a while, he would stop in the middle and bend his knees a little bit, trying to jump. I had to keep him moving though. It is spring break for the school district, so there were a lot of older kids that day that usually aren't there and I didn't want him to get run down.
When we were here last, Zane was terrified of the foam pit that gymnasts do flips into. I even tried getting in with him and he clung to me tightly the whole time. This time, however, he jumped right in on his own and had the best time playing with Ashlyn in the foam.
I'm go glad that I have been able to find places like this for when it becomes unbearable outside! And I really like jumping around on the spring-loaded floor.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave Us Some Sugar!