Zane has been super grumpy the past week. His gums on top and bottom and both sides of his mouth are swollen to capacity. He finally pushed a back tooth through yesterday morning. He skipped the eye tooth and moved onto the next one. He still has outlines of three other teeth trying to bust through the surface. He is miserable. His nose won't quit running, he is whiney, and his allergies are making him sneeze constantly. Certain days, we have to decide whether we are going to give him Tylenol for the aching gums or Claritin for his allergies. Husband in pharmacy school won't allow both. Some days, all he wants to do is sit in my lap and read books. Or maybe just lay on the floor. If you have ever met Zane, you know how rare it is for him to just sit still to do anything. He has definately not been himself.
Today after I had gotten him dressed, we noticed how short his clothes were. I bought this outfit just a few weeks ago and it was long on him. The bottom hem skimmed the floor. So, either I am horrible at doing laundry (no arguement there, but I haven't ever shrunk anything that bad!) or Zane has been growing like crazy.
We decided to put it to the test. Who would win out... Zane or my laundry skills? We laid him out on the ground and measured him. And then compared the results to his 12 month stats.
In the past six weeks, Zane has grown a total of 2.75 inches and 1.1 pounds. He doesn't need to stand on his toes to see out our windows or over his baby gates. No wonder he has been so ornery! It's got to hurt to grow so much so fast!
Oh, and I am not horrible at laundry!

What a cute growing boy! I love all the pictures!
ReplyDeletei hate the teething stages!! Garrett is so grumpy all the time!!
ReplyDelete