Saturday, January 29, 2011

Ahoy Zane!

Today was Zane's birthday party! It was so fun to have family and friends over for a bbq (LOVE Arizona!) and cupcakes while enjoying a lovely nautical theme!

I made some yummy lemonade cupcakes. I topped them with buttercream swirls and either white chocolate seashells or gummy hammerhead sharks. I also made Zane his very own smash cake.







I got a small pool and some balls for the kiddos to play in. They all LOVED it!




Zane needed help blowing out his candle. Luckily, his big 3 1/2 year-old friend Miley was there to help him!
He was so excited to get to the cake. And he was so sad when we finally took it away from him. (Just like the first time he had cake, he didn't want to waste any of it) He realized it was all ok, though, once he realized that he had cake and frosting all over his fingers still.









Today, I went to Costco with my dad, and Clay stayed at home with his mom. Steph asked me what they could do to get ready for the party while we were gone. I told them to make a cardboard boat. So they built and decorated a cardboard boat! It turned out perfectly!



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Zane! What a fun party. Great idea Heather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an amazing party planner. Everything looked so cute and the ball pit was a great idea. Zane is so lucky to have a mom like you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Us Some Sugar!