Friday, August 6, 2010

Savin', Stylin', and Tryin'


This is a slight hodge podge of pictures. We have been home for almost two weeks now and are finally getting toward the end of unpacking and organizing things.

Savin':
When we left on our trip over a month ago Zane was wearing 6-9 month clothes. When we got back, nothing fit him but the 2 12-month outfits we had for him. How did he grow so much so fast? Two outfits for a rather drooly and barfy boy doesn't really work so I headed over to Savers. I really love that place. I got 5 tops, 6 bottoms, and three onesie-type outfits for around $25. Hooray for getting 9 outifts plus another pair of bottoms for less than $30!!! Especially since the brands include: Old Navy, OshKosh, and Tommy Hillfiger. When I took this picture, I wasn't putting outfits together. I just layed the bottoms down then the tops in no particular order. I promise I won't put green track pants with a blue plaid button up!


Stylin':

I finally decided on a theme for Zane's room. Clay told me once that when he was a kid, he wanted to be a fighter pilot when he grew up. As he got older, he grew way too tall to fly in the military, but he still likes to watch the jets fly overhead on their way to Luke Airforce Base. Since Clay likes fighter planes so much, (and I found some really cute, inexpenive fabric at Wal-mart) I decided that could lead to cute decor for his room. It is also a theme that can easily grow with a little boy.

I made a duvet cover to go over his plain white Ikea comforter. His crib converts to a toddler bed (another Ikea find) so the comforter will work when he gets a little bigger too.
I cut out airplanes from the leftover fabric and appliqued (well, pinned) them onto his navy black-out curtains. Zane's window faces east, so he gets the first morning sunlight.



I found some wall stickers for really cheap at Big Lots that matched the colors of the room. Eventually I want to get bigger wooden or carboard letters for the wall.


Clay decided that he wanted to contribute to Zane's room too, so he is buidling him a model WWII fighter jet to hang from the ceiling. What a cute daddy, huh? It is all painted, it just needs the decals applied now!

Tryin':

Zane is trying so hard to crawl! He still hasn't quite figured it out, but he really, really wants to! He almost has it!

He has also been trying so many new foods and loving most of them. Here, Steph is giving Zane some of her plum. All his teething has also paid off finally. He has a new tooth on his bottom left! Hooray! How is my little man growing up so fast?

2 comments:

  1. Six months old and wearing 12 month-wow!! He'll be climbing out of his crib any day now. You two are sure great parents. Like what you did with his room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me want to come visit again. I can't believe Zane has a tooth! And it sounds like he will be crawling any day now. We need to get the little crawling cousins together again! I know! How about if you, Clay and Zane come to Milwaukee?!? :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave Us Some Sugar!