Monday, July 27, 2009

Pioneer Day

Pictures from our fun Pioneer Day weekend in Monticello.

This was a flash flood that we drove through in Blanding on the way back to Phoenix. We actually cut through a parking lot to avoid the worst of it.

I love fireworks!


I have never actually been to a wheat field before. I can't believe how beautiful it was. This field is less than 1/2 mile from my in-laws house.









Navajo Tacos as Grandma and Granddad Pehrson's house.



Grandad getting the stove ready to cook the frybread.




After the parade, Jen and I ran to the end and chased down Smokey the Bear. He was nice enough to put his head back on, get out of the truck, and take a picture with us.




A sweet shot during one of the breaks between tractors and 4-wheelers during the parade.



Tractor.





Big Tractor.







Doug's new dog, Orion. He is HUGE, and slobbery, and so sweet. Now Misty and Nikki have a boyfriend to play with.

1 comment:

  1. It was really great to see you guys! I wanted to hear what you wrote for Clays interesting stuff, but we had to leave. So, can you tell me? And who won? What did they get?

    ReplyDelete

Leave Us Some Sugar!