I have just discovered a new book! I am having the hardest time putting it down!
I have never really enjoyed reading too much non-fiction, but a couple of weeks ago, I saw Kurt Warner (NFL quarterback) and his wife Brenda being interviewed on a local daytime talk show. They were promoting their new book, "First Things First". Watching the two of them interact, and listening to the stories that they told on the show made me want to go out and get the book right away. I waited about a week, but then I finally decided to use one of the end-of-year gift cards I received from a student to buy the book. I don't know if I have ever laughed out loud so much when reading a book before! There are also parts that are really touching and make me tear up a little. I am not even close to being finished, but I have found a lot of things that I would like to incorporate in my own family!
There are 8 rules that the Warner kids came up with that must be followed to be a Warner Daughter or Son. Numbers 7 & 8 were my favorite
7. Hold hands with a sibling for ten minutes if you can't get along.
8. If you can't get along holding hands, sit cheek to cheek. (If you can't get along cheek to cheek, then it's lips to lips!)
This is a family with 7 children with ages ranging from 3-19. Think about sitting cheek to cheek with the sibling that you are not getting along with!
Anyways, I am loving this book and recommend it as a fun and inspirational read. Kurt and Brenda Warner seem to be a couple of really great people!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave Us Some Sugar!