Saturday, June 13, 2009

4 MORE DAYS!

I have been reminded by a couple of people in the last couple of days that it has been quite a while since I have written anything. It's about time, huh?

I don't usually enjoy blogs without photos, so this may not be a particularly enjoyable post, however, I am still in Utah with my camera, and my camera cord happens to be in Arizona, with Clay. When I get down there (in 4 days!!!) I will put up the couple of month's worth of pictures that are sitting on my camera.

For almost the past three weeks, Clay has been bravely facing the heat in Glendale by spending a whole lot of time at the pool! I have been couragously finishing up the kindergarten school year at Challenger. On a side note-- the parents there are so generous with their end-of-the-year presents!!!

During these three weeks apart, Clay has done a great job of figuring his way around our new home, and has just sent out GPS back to me so that I can make the trip myself. He started school last Monday, and is loving it. We just found out that for half of his second year of school and all of his third year, we have the opportunity to go virtually anywhere for his practical rotations. Family members, watch out, because here we come!!!

Staying with Clay's cousin and his family for the past three weeks couldn't have been more fun, unless I was with Clay. The first weekend that I spent here, we spent the weekend at the Monte Carlo in Las Vegas for Dorothee's birthday. While they all went to a show, I wandered around the different hotels and met David Boreanez (sp?) from the shows Angel and Bones. He was really nice. I told him that he and David Beckham are two of the nicest celebrities that I have ever met.... Aside from the trip, the last couple of weeks have been crazy busy with finishing up the school year and getting ready to move. As I am writing this, my mom is driving out here to Utah. I'll get to see her tomorrow. Then on Monday, we will begin our journey to Arizona with a stop in Moab for a couple of hours to play around, the continuing on to Monticello to hang out with Clay's parents and spend the night. Tuesday morning we will finally head off for Phoenix!!! I can't wait to see Clay again!

I talked to Papa on the phone a few minutes ago, (you can thank him for this post) and he was telling me about how happy he is that he has my grandma, and that he can't bear to be away from her for more than one day. Fifty years, and he can still say this! I love listening to the wisdom that he imparts when he talks about marriage. I like to think that I know everything there is to know about Clay, but what is my 2 1/2 years compared to their 50? I can only hope and pray that our life together is as ultimately happy and fufiling as Mama and Papa's.

4 comments:

  1. 3 weeks is a long time! It's a good thing to miss him so much. I'm very happy for both of you and we can't wait until we can see you again! Have fun in the warm this winter and we'll have fun in the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! 3 weeks! Wow! Just don't get used to that hot weather! We need you to live closer so we can see you once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad that you guys have been apart so long...Here is my little nerd tidbit about myself....David Boreanaz is my high school celebrity crush...so jealous...how nerdy am I?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I am glad you found me!! I hope you enjoy AZ. Hope your family is well. Glad we can keep in touch this way.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Us Some Sugar!