Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Break Part 1

The beginning of Christmas break seems so long ago, and there are still a few more days to go! As of today, I have taken over 175 pictures in the last week and a half, so the next few posts will be quite interesting, I am sure. Right now, I am sitting in my grandparents' kitchen in Colorado, but our adventures started in Utah. I'll start there. Starting at the very beginning is a very good place to start.

I have decided that my New Year's resolution is to take more pictures so I decided to take some pictures on the drive from Provo down to Monticello. It is actually a very pretty drive. I thought that some of them turned out pretty cool.

For a while, it was just me, Clay, and Tony at their parents' house. I played with the dogs, the cats, and the horses. Then we went sledding. The snow was so deep! On Christmas day, we actually got snowed in! There are some really pretty views around their house.

I got a horse for Christmas from Clay's dad. She is a very pretty black and white paint thoroughbred. She is about two years old and she has a white patch on one side that vaguely resembles a star, so I named her Estrella Del Sol. I thought Estrella was a pretty name in itself, but since she comes from a line of racing horses, she needed a name that sounded like the crazy names at the Kentucky Derby. Speaking of racing horses, I was watching some sports bloopers on ESPN a while ago and they were showing a horse race. The horse in the lead went by the name of "Hoof Hearted." Lovely name for a horse until you say it out loud and scream, "Hoof Hearted! Hoof Hearted is in the lead!! Hoof Hearted Wins!!" Go ahead... say it out loud.

I keep trying to get the pictures to upload but the connection keeps timing out. I'll just post this and when we get back to Provo on Friday, I will try to post all of the pictures. I keep taking more pictures... I need to put them somewhere. I also need to go to bed.

1 comment:

  1. You told us that you got a dog for Christmas, but...You got a horse!!! Evie loves horses. Maybe next time you come down Evie can come see your new horse.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Us Some Sugar!