Eight years! Wow!
So a couple months ago, Clay told me that he was taking me somewhere the 19th and 20th for our anniversary and to not make plans. Since Clay is not usually one for surprises and the last time he surprised us, it was a day trip to Jerome, I asked him if he was taking us to Jerome. Turns out, he was. I felt bad for ruining the surprise but was excited because I love Jerome! Fast forward to last weekend, and the husband surprised me again by changing the Jerome plans into Sedona plans without me knowing about it! He booked us into a cute little B&B and it was perfect!
The night we checked it, we realized there was a hot tub, but since I didn't know where we were going, I didn't think to pack a swimsuit. After dinner overlooking Oak Creek, we went to a drugstore and bought matching holiday boxers for us, and a Sedona shirt for me to hit the hot tub in. Good thing we were the only ones taking a dip that night... we looked ridiculous! That's how memories are made, folks.
Yummy smoothies and delicious breakfast was the perfect way to start our day.
The cute owner even left us a chocolate pretzel basket full of chocolate dipped strawberries. It was wonderful!
This was looking one direction from our private balcony.
And this was looking the other direction. We aren't in Phoenix anymore, people.
Downtown Sedona has so much character. We had a blast walking up and down the streets and going into all of the crystal shops.
And... this is the best picture we got as a couple. This is what happens when I give my camera to strangers. "Oh, you have a nice camera. You must take good pictures." Yes, it's obviously the camera that takes good pictures.
Happy Anniversary to us!!
So glad you guys were able to get away. . . and I literally laughed out loud about your fuzzy picture. Every single picture we had taken of Nate and I in Miami turned out the exact same way. So much for those "couple shots." Nate and I finally had a chance to take some pictures without one of us holding kids and they turn out fuzzy. Every. Single. One.
ReplyDeleteWay to go Clay! Keep up those surprises! Sounds like fun!
ReplyDelete