Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Away In a Manger

Growing up, my family made Christ's birth the focus of Christmas Eve. We always had a musical/reading program followed by acting out the nativity story. Now that Zane is really starting to understand these kinds of things, I wanted to begin the tradition of acting out the nativity. It only lasted a couple minutes but it was a great experience! I can't wait to do this every year. 

Leila was our Mary.

Zane started out as a shepherd who, apparently, is really good friends with Mary.


Clay narrated and was the angel (wearing my bathrobe that goes past my knees)

Sophie reluctantly played the Baby Jesus. Mary took off her robe to warm up the baby, just like a good little mama should. 

The shepherd and his sheep listened to the angel tell of Christ's birth. 

Then came to visit the baby. By this point, I was crying. Zane was incredibly sweet and acting like he really was meeting the baby Jesus. I love this tenderhearted little boy.

Zane then morphed into a wise man and brought the baby the gift of a snowman canister full of gold, frankincense and myrrh.
This is a tradition that we will definitely continue. After we acted out the nativity, we put our Christmas jammies on and watched a video of Christ's birth while eating our popcorn and cider. Then it was off to bed so Santa could come leave his surprises!

2 comments:

Leave Us Some Sugar!