Friday, February 1, 2013

Happy Birthday Zane!

So, my baby boy is three. I still need to get his 3-year-old pictures together. For now, here's his birthday party post!

That's Zane's party invitation up there. Notice that it says his party was going to be held at a park. Easy enough, right? BBQ, playground, cake, THE END. I pretty much had nothing planned. Thanks to the torrential downpour that day, (non-existent) plans changed. The night before, Clay and I went to dinner and put together the fastest party in my party planning history.

We ended up with a chili bar, peanut butter cookie cupcakes and smash cake for Zane, homemade playdough and glowsticks (not home made) for the kids, and pin the heart on the robot. There was also a lot of Zane's favorite color everywhere. I want to apologize to my mom and Clay's mom for the last picture in the post, but for some reason the only picture that had our balloons was a picture of them playing Kinect. I couldn't leave it out... not when Doug, Steph, Mom, and Clay spent so long the night before the party blowing up 6 bags of balloons and taping them to the ceiling. Love you guys! Overall, the party was fun and low-key. Oh, and delicious. I started the chili in the crockpot the night before and served it with hot dogs, baked potatoes, tortilla chips, and fries, along with all the toppings like cheese, sour cream, and salsa. I'm not usually a huge fan of chili, but a friend gave me a recipe that uses a roast as the meat and it is delicious!  All in all a fun party with amazing family and friends! I only wish I had taken more pictures! 

















2 comments:

Leave Us Some Sugar!