38 Weeks
How far along? 38 weeks
- Total weight gain: 32 lbs. Thanks water retention and swelling!
- Maternity clothes? The same three shirts that I bought a couple of weeks ago, plus a couple of Clay's biggers ones.
- Stretch marks? Same old, same old.
- Sleep: Actually it's been pretty great the past couple of days. I still get up once or twice a night, but fall right back to sleep. It's hard to roll over, but that has less to do with hip pain and more to do with the enormous weight in my midsection.
- Best moment this week: Clay's graduation!!!! I sobbed through the whole thing. I'm married to a Doctor!!!
- Miss Anything? Walking normally, sitting normally, breathing normally, eating normally, normal ankles.
- Movement: She's most definitely moving into place. My belly has changed shape and she is riding VERY low.
- Food cravings: I still want to chomp on ice all the day long.
- Food aversions: I have never liked spicy things, but I have been trying to avoid anything with even the slightest kick or acidity. Just trying to keep the killer heartburn at bay.
- Gender: If we are not sure by now, we are in big trouble.
- Labor Signs: Along with the constant braxton hicks, I've been having a couple of more painful contractions a day. Nothing consistant or close together though.
- Symptoms: Heartburn, waddling, finally kicking in the nesting in between spells of exhaustion. I have had some major swelling and water retention in my legs and feet. Some days you can't even see or feel my ankle bones at all. My feet are huge and I normally have smaller than average feet. It's hard to sit down and put my feet up during the day when I have so much to get done and Zane to keep occupied!
- Belly Button in or out? In and out, depending on her position.
- Wedding rings on or off? I should probably find those.
- Looking forward to: Being done being pregnant.
- This week's Appointment: The nurse confirmed that my weight gain is water retention. That's good and bad. Good news: it's not fat. Bad news: some pretty nasty cankles. Ewww. Baby sister has definately dropped and is really really low. This time the doctor had a hard time getting an accurate measurement on her because her head is so low and engaged. It feels like there is a big empty hole at the top of my belly where she has recently vacated. And there is a lot of constant pressure down lower. Even with all the contractions I have been having, I only progressed another 1/2 cm and am 80% effaced. He still thinks I could go into labor at any minute, but we will see. Our induction date is tentatively set for July 9th if I don't have her on my own before then. Let's hope for sooner. My fat ankles are getting really uncomfortable.
I think that she wants to share her birthday with me, so get ready for a baby on Saturday ;)
ReplyDeleteI was so done being pregnant too! It gets soo hard to move, sleep, etc.
ReplyDeleteMy feet got big but they about doubled after I had the boys. They were so ugly and my belly botton, poor thing will never be the same. You're looking amazing though. :) Love the shirt.
ReplyDeletePoor thing with your feet! I had that too with my girls! Hang in there. Good luck and I like your shirt where did you get it?
ReplyDelete