- Total weight gain: 29 lbs. Oops!
- Maternity clothes? I was able to put on a skirt two Sundays ago that wasn't maternity. Lots of elastic! Other than that, I had to go buy 3 new shirts because none of my other maternity shirts totally cover my belly anymore. So if you see me rotating through the same three shirts, that's why.
- Stretch marks? Still there, but still really light.
- Sleep: Not super great.
- Best moment this week: My birthday was wonderful, and there's more to come!
- Miss Anything? sleeping... I know this is a lost cause at this point.
- Movement: She makes my belly look pretty funky and lopsided sometimes with the positions she moves into.
- Food cravings: Ice
- Food aversions: Nothing more than usual.
- Gender: chica
- Labor Signs: I have had a couple more-than-just-uncomfortable contractions a day, and then constant tightness, but nothing to write home about.
- Symptoms: Tightness, heartburn (back with a 24-hour vengence), foot swelling, hand swelling, hungry all the time but can't eat a lot at once
- Belly Button in or out? Officially out. Weird.
- Wedding rings on or off? Hand swelling. Off.
- Looking forward to: Family coming into town, Clay's graduation, having this baby.
- This Week's Appointment: My blood pressure was really, really high this time and they found trace amounts of protein, which is cause for concern, especially considering the swelling I have been experiencing the last couple of days. I rested for a few minutes at the end of the appointment and the nurse checked my blood pressure again. It ended up in the normal range, which was good. I am officially at 2 centimeters and 70% effaced already. He says he doesn't expect me to last much longer than a week to a week and a half. I'm already progressed enough to where he would feel comfortable inducing, except the hospital won't allow elective inductions until 39 weeks now. He is confident that I won't make it that long. Of course, that is all just speculation, and I am trying hard not to get my hopes up. My next appointment is next Wednesday, and he thinks I may come before then. Once again, I am trying not to get my hopes up, but it is a little extra motivation to actually start getting things ready around the house for her arrival. The carseat is cleaned but not installed. And that's about as far as we have gotten. Time to kick it into gear!
I think it's past the point of it being called a bump. It's just huge. Week to week, people have been telling me that I seem to have grown a crazy amount all of a sudden. That's exactly what every pregnant lady wants to hear! Hope she comes soon!

It looks like your coming along great! Sounds like it will be soon. Yea!
ReplyDeleteShe! She will be here soon!
ReplyDeleteHoly Toledo's Heather! This is all happening way fast. I am so excited for you guys. You are adorable pregnant btw. I hope for your sake that she does dome early, because I must say, as cute as you look, it looks very uncomfortable. LOL I am glad you had a great birthday, looking forward to hearing about it! I am also sorry to hear you have been swollen and sleep deprived (I can empathize a little). I hope you can find some sort of relief before she comes, I am sure you are in good hands though. Good luck with everything. Can't wait to see baby niece!
ReplyDeleteHeather, you are so cute. Good luck with everything.
ReplyDelete