Tuesday, May 8, 2012

31 Weeks

How far along?
31 Weeks

Total weight gain:
18 lbs.

Maternity clothes?
For Sure

Sleep:
Between the hearburn, getting up to pee, ending up on my back and waking up gasping, the hip pain, and the insomnia once I get up for one or more of the above reasons, my sleep is sketchy. Some nights everything is wonderful and I get great sleep. Some nights everything kicks in all at once and it becomes a doozy of a night.

Best moment this week:
Actually getting to see Baby Sister on the 3d ultrasound this time.

Movement?
She rocks and rolls all the time. Except during ultrasounds when she falls into a Snow White/Sleeping Beauty type sleep.

Food cravings?
Ice cream and milkshakes and frozen yogurt and ice cold water. It's getting warm here.

Showing?
That would be an understatement.

Labor Signs?
Still lots of braxton hicks. I'm trying to drink more water to ease the tightening.

Mood Temperament:
Tired and hungry. I'm well aware those aren't moods.

Doctor's appointment this Week:
We tried the 3d ultrasound again. Instead of being jammed into my hip, this time her head was straight down, facing my back. That made it difficult to get good shots of her face again, but we managed to get a few. She is getting big enough that I have a hard time laying on my back without getting hot and sweaty and light-headed, so we had to cut the ultrasound a little short. I don't mind since we will see her in person in just a few weeks.
Baby Sister is still measuring about five days big. Not big enough to change my official due date, however.
Everything else looked great. My regular doctor is out of town for a couple weeks, so I met with his partner and I really liked her a lot. She was really friendly and she asked a lot of great questions. I'm happy to have met her in case she ends up delivering Baby Sister. 
This week is full of appointments! I am getting my teeth cleaned on Thursday and I have an appointment with the physical therapist on Friday. I'm excited to have a clean mouth and happy hips again.

4 comments:

  1. You look great, but sorry that you're not feeling too great. Have you guys figured out a name yet? I guess Gabrielle is off the table?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you guys didn't take Gabriella off the table because you heard we liked Gabriel!!!! Pretty sure we won't be using Gabriel, so if you love Gabriella, please keep it! You do look cute though with your ever growing belly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At 31 weeks I had gained 41 lbs. Haha Crazy. You are looking wonderful and I'm loving your shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture! You look very happy and proud to have that cute belly! I love these updates! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Us Some Sugar!