Zane got a little stomach bug a couple of days ago. There has been a whole lot of laundry and carpet cleaning and keeping the windows open to air things out and the like going on in our house. It's been a long couple of days to say the least.
Today as I was trying to get things back together, I was going through things to throw away, give away, or donate and I came across a little book from Zane's baby shower. All the sweet girls and ladies that attended wrote down some advice for me. Today was the perfect day for me to come across these pearls of wisdom. I'd like to share a couple of my favorites:
"Don't let the baby put his hands in his mouth"
-Aunt Laurie
"So, Heather, pretty much my only advice is to be wise with the rules that you have. Don't have un-needed rules that will only be broken. You will be a great mom."
-Sister Ashley
"When you need to descipline your child, time-outs work well. And if they ask to get up, don't let them. Then, after you let them get up, make them count their numbers up to a resonable number. My mom made it gradually more miserable so we learned very quickly. Don't be too merciful."
-Cousin Christine
While those made me laugh, it was the one from my Grandma Mary that was the real reason I needed to find this little book today.
"Dear Heather,
In the midst of constant diapers, feedings, washing, and meal preparation for three little ones when Daniel was a baby, I remember wishing that I was doing something important. The voice of the spirit immediately spoke saying, 'This is the most important work you will ever do.' I now realize the counsel was right. Just enjoy.
Love, Grandma"
I have always known this, but it is good to reminded. Thanks, Grandma.
It's always fun to go back and look at their baby pic and books. I like it too. I hope you guys are doing well.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great comment by your grandma....I am so glad I read this today, I bet many a mom needs to be reminded of this. Thanks for the post, (read ego boost).
ReplyDeleteSorry that poor Zane got sick. That is absolutely the worst. But to help brighten your day, I'll tell you about what miss B did on Friday. I put her down for a nap and then go to check on her about 30 min later. I hear her little sobs and "mama." Me being the pushover I am, opened the the door to find her curled up between her dresser and toddler bed, butt naked, sitting in a pile of poop. She had taken her diaper off, and poop was on her bum all over the floor. She of course was very distraught. . . I was wishing I hadn't opened the door. . . just another day in the life of a mother. Never a dull moment. Love you and hope you are feeling good!
ReplyDeleteLove the advice from your gma. So wise. As for the don't let your baby put his hands in his mouth... Sounds a little too up tight for me. :)
ReplyDelete