Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mr. Haircut


Zane's hair has been getting long.  Long enough that when I pulled the wings of hair by his ears down, they came dangerously close to touching his shoulders.  And after his bath, Zane's slicked down front hair would get into his eyes.

So, we finally gave our boy a haircut. It was a group effort. Clay read a book while I followed Zane around with scissors. He would stay still long enough for one snip at a time. Eventually I got enough hair clipped off to my satisfaction.

People have been telling us that when they have cut their curly-headed children's hair, they always lose their curl. I figured, that with this boy's genetics, there was a good chance he would retain his locks.


Zane was covered in hair so Clay washed him off and washed his hair at the same time.


And look, still curly. Zane called Grandma Steph to tell her about his new haircut.


He loves to talk on the phone. In fact, he likes to talk on anything that looks like a phone. I take Zane to work with me for an hour on Mondays before Clay picks him up. Zane rummaged through a drawer and found a calulator. He walked around the studio for most of the time he was there, holding the calculator up to his ear and talking to it. He's a funny kid. With a handsome new haircut.

2 comments:

  1. Oh first haircut, how crazy...that kid has got so much hair already. Talmage hair is so thin and fine but it is getting long. But nothing really to cut yet, hahaha. I love that Zane's curls stayed, they are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome young man! His hair is still gorgeous! You three did a great job. Good team effort!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Us Some Sugar!