Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WoW

I'm substitute teaching in Relief Society this Sunday. It is interesting that we are teaching out of the Gospel Essentials manual. It is laid out in very basic, straightforward language. I can see why it is the Sunday School manual for recent converts to the church. I am teaching The Lord's Law of Health this week. As I read over the lesson, my first impression was that it wasn't any new information. It is a simple outline of the Word Of Wisdom. In fact, one of the suggestions in the lesson was to have the class help make a list on the board of things that we have been told not to take into our bodies. I kept reading and there is a great section about the things we are supposed to do for our bodies and why (you can click on the words: "The Lord's Law of Health" wherever you see it in the text to read the lesson). I decided to focus more on that portion of the Word of Wisdom. I know that I have never had any problems with the "DON'Ts" but I don't always completely follow all the "DOs".

I was told that I should have a lot of visuals since our Relief Society as a whole is full of visual learners. I made a few things but wanted to have something big to go along with the lesson. I wanted something that would serve as a reminder of all the things we are supposed to do to stay healthy that I could eventually hang up in my home. I was inspired by this post on THIS BLOG to make a poster. How cool is it that you can get things printed on engineering blueprint paper? I picked up my poster this morning. It only took the wonderful people at Staples about 45 minutes to have it ready after I emailed it to them. It cost me just under $3 with tax!

This is the JPEG of the poster. I included it because you can't see the whole thing in the other picture.


Here I am with the poster so you can see exactly what $3 bought me!


2 comments:

  1. With visual aids like that, you'll be a permanent RS teacher in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I can't wait to hear how your lesson turns out. You will blog about it, won't you?

    ReplyDelete

Leave Us Some Sugar!