Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Trip To The Zoo

We went with one of our playgroups to the zoo yesterday. One of the moms had an extra pass as part of her membership. Zane had so much fun that I am thinking about getting a membership for our little family!

To start the day, I realized when we were about halfway there that I had forgotten Zane's shoes. When we got to the zoo, I was hoping that the gift shop would have a pair of sandals or something so that Zane could run around on his own.  They only had a little pair of flip-flops. I didn't think those would work well with a boy who has only been walking for a little while.  I did find a pair of slippers. It was so funny to watch him walk around in them. I thought they would make it hard for him to walk, but he actually seemed to really like them.








Zane absoutely loved the goat yard. I really liked that it was strictly a petting yard. There was no feeding at all so the goats were really mellow and just enjoyed being brushed and scratched. I didn't want Zane walking around in his slippers in the dirt, so I held him the whole time we were in there, but he would have been a lot happier if he could have gotten down and played with the goats on the ground.



After the goat yard and looking at the other farm animals, we went to an adorable Fisher Price Little Peopleplay farm. The setup was so cute, and was modeled after the actual Fisher Price toys.


As cute as the playground was, all Zane wanted to do was play with the sand.


I tried to get him to play with the cute animals. He wasn't super interested, but he did enjoy riding on the horse! I am excited to go back in a couple of weeks when my mom and sisters come for a visit!

3 comments:

  1. oh! that looks like a lot of fun! love the slippers!!
    p.s. i don't know if you read your comments but i sent you a message on facebook and it has my blog address on there. if you want it-it's johnandtaun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay that is hilarious...I love the slippers...looks like fun...jealous of the phoenix weather this past week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The slippers were my "laugh of the day."

    ReplyDelete

Leave Us Some Sugar!