I decided that I wanted to throw a big birthday bash for Ashley's 15th birthday. I came up with the theme "Reality Rocks!" I had so much fun planning everything and getting it all together!
To start the party off, each girl received a VIP pass. Each pass had 6 tags hanging off of it. The different tags explained the six challenges for the night.
I made up a series of challenges from "Top Chef", "Project Runway," and "America's Next Top Model". My sister Chelsie, my cousin Emily, and myself were the judges for each challenge.This was the make-over table. We went to the dollar store and got a whole bunch of makeup for the girls to play with.
I created the cupcake display table by putting plywood over the foosball table. I made the cake stands out of plastic plates and cups.
I am so happy with how these microphone cupcakes turned out!
I made little trophies for the winner of each challenge. These are the Top Model and Top Chef prizes.
Here are the girls during the Top Chef competition. They had to create the most creative and delicious pizza! Ciana (second from right) was the winner of this challenge. Her pizza was so good!
The Project Runway challenge started with the girls digging through a pile of clothes and accessories from Goodwill. They each had to style their model the best they could with what they could find! Here is Jennifer modeling on the runway I created in the livingroom, and Chelsie is in the background scoring the designers.
The second Project Runway challenge was for the designers to take a plain white men's shirt and completely restyle it into something cute. They had rhinestones, fabric, markers, a glue gun, and 10 minutes to make a cute shirt.
The shirts turned out so cute. The girls got so creative! They all vowed to wear them to school Monday (today!). I wonder how many of them actually did!
The first ANTM challenge was a makeover challenge. Cousin Emily gave the girls some make-up tips and tricks. They had to use those tips to create a dramatic look, then came over to me for a 'photoshoot'. I took two pictures of each girl. They were each judged on their make-up, a smiling picture, and a "Smize" picture. For those not familiar with Tyra Bank's "smize", she likes to teach people how to 'smile with their eyes"
The pictures of the girls turned out so cute! The pictures in front of the silver background were smiling, and the pink background were 'smizing' pictures.
Cute Ashley blowing out her cupcake candle!
The winners:
Top Chef- Ciana
Top Designer- Jennifer
Top Model- Ashley E. (this girl had some killer smize!)
A couple of judges
The Birthday Girl and her smize:
Just call me Padma/Heidi/Tyra!
Thanks for letting me do your party, Ashley! Happy Birthday Chica!






Wow! That must have been a TON of work, but it looks like it turned out SO fun!
ReplyDeleteYou are far too creative....I need you here to help me plan fun parties!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great sister! This party looked like it was a BIG success!
ReplyDeleteThat was alot of effort! It looks like it turned out so great! Can I hire you for Evie's Birthdays for lets say the next 13 years or so? Just tell she is 18. :)
ReplyDelete