Thursday, September 16, 2010

First Date

In May, five years ago, I went to my cousin's wedding reception. I was sitting at the table with my grandparents when my grandma mentioned that the sealer at the temple had told them that so many people had gotten married a few days before on 5/5/05. Grandpa Jack suggested that I get married the next June on 6/6/06. I decided that an anniversary of 6-6-6 probably wouldn't be my favorite day to get married, but 6/7/07 would be alright. Putting that date into the magical equation of the minimum amount of time I would need to date and be engaged, I told my grandma that if I was going to get married by the next June, I would need to meet someone to marry by September of that year. She told me I probably would.

Here are Grandpa Jack and I dancing at cousin Jason's wedding reception:


Fast forward four months. Clay and I had our first date five years ago, today, on September 16, 2005. For those who have been reading my blog for a while, you are probably familiar with this picture. It is a cell phone picture that I took while on the ferris wheel at the Utah State Fair.

The next month, I knew that I liked him quite a lot as we carved pumpkins and ate orange jack o'lantern icecream treats.
In December, the lights at Temple Square were amazing, but I like the light I saw in Clay's eyes even better.
In February, I threw Clay a birthday fiesta. Right around this time, we finally said, "I love you." 

When Clay finally said he was ready to marry me.... I felt like this!!!

In December, we will have been married for four years. And we have a baby now! Who would have thought, looking at that humble cell phone ferris wheel picture!

2 comments:

Leave Us Some Sugar!