Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Date Night!

Last weekend, we had a date night with the Gronemans. Taking a cue from The Dating Divas Bookstore Date we decided to plan our own bookstore date. We started the night by getting together at our apartment and making homemade pizzas. Each person had his or her own fresh crust and was able to use a variety of sauces and toppings to put on the pizzas. I highly reccomend Trader Joe's pizza crust that can be found by the cheese in the refridgerated section. There are even three flavors of crust. Yum!


Here, Bri is spreading her sauce. Her pizza consisted of cheese, pepperoni, cheese, olives, cheese, mushrooms, cheese, more pepperoni, more olives, and more mushrooms. She kept layering on more and more toppings right up until it was time for her pizza to go in the oven. It turned out so good!
Here is all of us with our pizzas before they went into the oven. You can even see Steph there in the corner, holding Bret and Bri's baby, Ashlyn.
Bri's pizza is on the left. Clay's and my pizza are on the right. Clay used spicy bbq sauce, chicken, onions, and olives. It was too spicy for me, but until my mouth started burning, it was good! My pizza had alfredo sauce mixed with a hint of pesto and was topped with fresh mozzarella, parmesean, and chicken. I didn't get a good picture of Bret's pizza but his was delicious as well. He used alfredo sauce and put ham and pineapple on top. I think he even used a couple of onions. All the pizzas were so creative and yummy!


Here, Bret was trying not to let Bri show me her pizza.

After pizzas, we headed to Barnes and Noble for our date. I passed out task cards to each couple. Each of two cards had three tasks on it.  For the first tasks, we needed to gather some books. We had to find a recipe that we would each make for eachother, meaning that Clay found a recipe that he would make for me and I found one to make for him. Bret and Bri did the same. Then, we moved to the magazine section and we each had to find a quiz to do with eachother. Then we moved to the children's section and found a book that was a childhood favorite. Once we each gathered all three of our books, we found a place to sit and share. 

Here, Bret combs through American Girl Magazine, looking for the quiz. Clay sits with his stack of books.  


Bret and Bri sit and take their quiz together.


Clay and I doing the quiz that Clay found.

Doing Bri's quiz

Clay and I reading the Berenstein Bears book he chose.


The whole night was a lot of fun. I was surprised how much time picking out each book was and then how long it took to share each book with eachother. The longest task was the quizzes. Bri and I each chose two quizzes. Both our husbands were very accomodating. We didn't even get to the second set of tasks. That means another date! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, you are such a doll. I wish you were here to do those fun things with us!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Us Some Sugar!