Friday, April 2, 2010

Smokin Hot Mommas

A while ago, Steph gave me a copy of the competition she was doing with some of the women in Monticello. I took it, and created my own spreadsheet, adapting it a little to fit me and my needs. I decided that now that I have no more excuses not to exercise and get back into shape, I needed to try Smokin' Hot Mommas again. Another huge motivator came during one of my visiting teaching visits last month. My visiting teachee asked me when I was able to work in time to read my scriptures now that I have a baby. Fact is, I hadn't made the time. I love that the competiton includes spiritual aspects as well as physical. My aunt (who also took the challenge) has a great explanation of Smokin' Hot Mommas on her blog http://mamoomsmoments.blogspot.com/ .She explains it so perfectly, I am tempted to plagiarize it, but I'll let you go to her blog and read her words instead.

Here is my rendition of 5 fruits from yesterday. That bundle of joy includes an apple, pear, cara cara orange, plum, and some blackberries. It took a while to eat, but YUM! Score one point for me!

As of now, a few family members are participating. I have recently recruited some girls in my ward who are going to start on Monday. Let me know if you want the rules and points tracker emailed to you! The more people, the merrier. The accountability factor sure makes a big difference for me!

1 comment:

  1. Big cleaning day today. Four hours of dusting, vacuuming, edging, scrubbing, washing, putting away. I feel so domestic! Good thing, since yesterday was a very low-scoring day.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Us Some Sugar!