This front pack was given to me by a woman in my ward. She thought she was done having kids (oops... she just found out she is pregnant!!) so she gave me a few of her things. Zane really likes being carried around in it, and it is a little better on my back since his weight is distributed between both shoulders instead of one. It does concentrate most of the weight on the shoulders, though, and doesn't work with Zane facing out, or as a backpack.
I went to my apartment complex's office this morning to complain about my neighbors dog jumping at me while I was wearing Zane yesterday. The dog came within inches of knocking us over, as he pulled his owner so hard she fell into a bush. The dog has jumped at me before, but I never minded since I know he isn't an aggressive dog, just a lonely one. Having Zane with me, however, Mama Bear instincts kicked in. I was not a happy apartment dweller. Add this to the fact that their other dog is always off-leash, and (as anyone who has spent time at our apartment can attest) they NEVER pick up their dog poop. There is always a massive pile a few steps from our door. Gross.
I digress... One of the girls who works at the office saw me wearing the front-pack in the picture above. She started telling me all about how much she loves her wrap. She even put her 35 pound 3-year-old in it just last week. She took a golf cart to her apartment to grab the wrap. She wrapped it around me, and put Zane inside. She is letting me borrow it for a week or so to see if I love it as much as she does.
I am actually finding it the most comfortable of all the baby wearing contraptions I have tried so far. Zane feels really secure. He passed out as soon as he was in it. It distributes Zane's weight across my whole back, which is a definate plus. I looked online and I like that there are qutie a few different ways to wear the baby.
On the down-side It is like wearing another shirt on top of my shirt and summer is coming soon in Arizona. I couldn't find a way to wear it so Zane would be on my back and I would like to at least have that option. It is also complicated to put on, but I have heard that you get better with practice.
I hardly used mine. My babies didn't like them tell they were older. Zane sure looks like a happy healthy baby.
ReplyDelete