Wednesday, January 6, 2010

California Baby Shower

The best part of the baby shower that my mom threw for me was that I got to plan it! I think that my have been mom's favorite part too. Grandma said that her favorite part was that there were no shower games! I guess we just made everyone happy! My aunt gave us a very cute jungle themed quilt for Christmas which quickly became the color scheme and theme for the shower. I have also seen some pretty cute diaper cakes (and some not-so-cute ones), so I decided that I would make myself one of those too. Thanks a million to Ashley for filling the baby bottles with jelly beans for the favors and for helping to roll the diapers for the cake. Thanks to Chelsie for going shopping with me and mom and for glueing the scrapbook paper together for the advice book. You girls rock!
The inspiration quilt. It is so beautiful! The greens and blues are much brighter in person than the picture shows. It just pops!

The guests wrote me some pretty awesome (and sometimes funny and silly) advice. I put them in the little photo album and will add pictures from the shower as soon as I get prints.So excited that I got a boppy! I tried to put it around my belly to practice a nursing hold. It doesn't currently fit around my belly.
I got so many fun and cute things!




The yummy spread. Thanks especially to Grandma, Mom, and Clay for getting all that food ready. And thanks to Chelsie for parting with some of her more jungle-y stuffed animals.



The diaper cake! I must say, I am terribly proud.

2 comments:

  1. That diaper cake is dang cute!!! I am glad you got a boppy! I LOVED using the boppy. I took it everywhere I went! Ok, so since I wasn't there and couldn't write in your book, here is my advice. (other than baby wise of course) Take lots of pictures! They grow up so stinking fast! We can't wait to see pictures of the cute little guy! Hey, have you picked a name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I agree with my mom (your grandma) that I was very glad there were no games! We must be related. Your shower was very fun. It was fun to see you again. You are glowing!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Us Some Sugar!