Finally, here comes the last post for Christmas vacation. This one will be short and sweet. My grandparents have the fattest cat I have ever seen. Her name is Dakota and she is fully obese. I enjoy cats by Clay hates them. Of course, Dakota absolutely loved Clay and would not leave him alone. Up until our last night there, Clay would not let her up on his lap, or if she jumped up, he would push her back onto the floor. Finally on the last night, she tried again and he actually let her sit on his lap! He sure looks happy about it too!

I saved this little tidbit for the very end because it has to be the most bizarre. The day that we went to the sand dunes, we stopped in Crestone, a small village right at the base of the mountains (this is where all those UFOs are sighted!). We stopped by a little hippie cafe called Shambala to get some hot chocolate. A lady with an interesting vocabulary and sparkles ALL over her face and exposed skin got our hot chocolate ready, while the Cambodian owner Naan began cooking curry beef for their New Year's Eve dinner that night. She told us that she wanted us to eat some of her beef, but it would be a while before it would be done. We went for a little drive, but promised to come back in a little while to sample her beef. The lady with the sparkles told us that we had better come back because we didn't want to deal with her kind of karma. Not wanting to mess with Sparkles, we came back a little bit later an Clay and Dad ate the curry beef (I ate a cookie), while Naan read our auras. We were invited to come back later and invite the new year in with some ritualistic essence dancing. She was one of the nicest people I have ever met, but all three of us left thinking that it had been one of the most interesting and random experiences ever. A quick cup of hot chocolate quickly turned into a two hour detour. Typical Crestone, I have heard.

Clay and Dad sampling the curry. MMM?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave Us Some Sugar!